Lesley M. Heidrich Dipl. Ac., CMLDT
After completing a Bachelor of Science Degree at Northeastern Illinois University in 1999, I attended and graduated from National Louis University with a degree in Radiation Therapy. I was employed for the past 10 years at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, where I treated primarily cancer patients. My duties consisted of:
- administrating high dose radiation to cancer patients
- patient care
- calming down disgruntled patients
- checking treatment charts for possible errors before the patient’s first treatment began
- trained Radiation Therapy students in the hospital clinical setting
- taking x-rays
- performing CT scans
- performing morning QA on treatment machines
- in charge of training personnel in using patient lift devices
- charting/patient note taking
- billing patients in the Radiation department for their various procedures and was instrumental in a 96% accuracy over a 3 year period in this department which led to a 25% increase in department profit
While at Northwestern Memorial Hospital:
- I was introduced to an anesthesiologist from Children’s Memorial Hospital who told me she used ear acupuncture on some of the children at that facility for pain management, nausea, and vomiting. She also used acupuncture at times on the parents of these children to help control the anxiety, stress and depression they might have been experiencing in dealing with their child’s condition. I was hooked and did my own in-depth investigating on acupuncture and its applications in so many areas. I subsequently enrolled at Midwest College of Oriental Medicine to pursue my studies.
- I completed a three-year program at the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine, and hold a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Eastern Nutrition from that institution.
- I worked at a free clinic for 3 years, which exposed me to, and allowed me to treat myriad conditions helped by acupuncture ie: migraines, sports injuries, back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, knee pain, elbow pain, frozen shoulder, muscle pain, Bell’s Pasly, Womens Health, Infertility, anxiety, depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, constipation, abdominal discomfort, digestive issues, fibromyalgia, nutritional counseling and many others.
Currently I am:
- an NCCAOM board certified Diplomate of Acupuncture, licensed by the State of Illinois and currently practice in Chicago
- I specialize in the treatment and management of pain; anxiety, fatigue, depression and stress
- certified as a Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncturist
- certified through the Klose Training in the Vodder Technique as a Manual Lymph Drainage Therapist
I have attended special classes for infertility and women’s health. Also special classes for the treatment and management of pain.
Professional organizations include:
- National Certification Committee for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Illinois Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Acupuncturists Without Borders
- American Society of Radiological Technologists
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists